Monday, April 25, 2011

Bored.

For some reason, I used to get so excited when I had paper and pens or a pencil because I could sit there for hours at a time and churn out stuff that I really liked. I get frustrated,  if I want to draw people or clothing or portraits, as I'm obsessed with accuracy. I did a portrait of Kurt Cobain that started out looking great, but once I started to add shading and smudging and highlights/lowlights, it didn't look like Kurt anymore.  Typically then I mix mediums and use weird tools. Right now I really like dipping a thin-tip paint brush into a thick inky pen (like Mr. Smelly) and drawing pigmented thin lines, then whisking them out to make eyelashes. My art isn't really progressing anywhere..


This drawing is so simple, but I really love the curve of the dress and the sharp angles of her feet. This type of design is what really satisfies me when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment